Compounding Pharmacy Services for Venice, Venice Beach, Nokomis, Osprey, FL, and the Surrounding Areas
We strive to meet your individual medical needs with our compounding pharmaceutical supplies. We offer non-sterile compounding, veterinary compounding, and hormone therapy. Compounding is another way to serve our customers better and provide customized solutions.
- Helping our customers get the best out of their medication – Our compounding pharmacy services mean we adjust the medication to fit the individual patient. This could mean changing a pill to a liquid or adjusting the dosage to fit the patient’s need for less or more.
- Why Compounding is important for you – Compounding helps if you have sensitivity or an allergy to a certain medication. Compounding medication allows the pharmacists to adjust it based on your needs to take the offending ingredient out.
Helping you Understand Your Medication
Anytime you have a question about the medication you are taking or how to use something you have purchased we are here to talk to you. We are constantly updating our inventory, keeping up with the ever-changing prescription drug market. If you need consultation after you receive your prescription, we are happy to provide it.
Customized Medication Solutions
Take your time to ask us all the questions you have regarding your medication. Your doctor prescribes a medication because of the benefits they feel the medication provides. We are part of your healthcare team and an excellent source in the Venice area of information about your medications.
Here are some questions you may have for us:
- Name of medication – Your doctor may have told you they were prescribing a certain medication but when you look on the bottle, there is a different name. We will go over the reason for the switch, which may be for insurance purposes or cost savings. We can also tell you other names and the manufacturer. All of these should be added to the list of medications you tell any medical professional you are taking.
- Purpose of medication – Does it cure or treat symptoms? Once you know what your medication does for you, you will be able to monitor its effectiveness.
- How the medication should be taken – With food? Avoid alcohol or citrus fruits? Same time every day? As needed? You need to know the best way to take your medication to get the best effects as well as decrease any harmful interactions.
- What to do if you forget to take your medication – We will go over the directions with you and we have plenty of reminders and pill boxes to assist you in taking your medication. However, if you do find yourself in the situation where you forgot or were not able to take your medication and don’t know how to proceed, please call us immediately.
- What are the side effects – No one wants medication that makes you feel worse than it helps. However, everyone reacts to medication differently. We can tell you of expected side effects and when to contact us or your doctor immediately. Never stop taking a medication without talking to a medical professional first.
- Potential drug interactions – Be sure to let us know about all other medications you are taking along with vitamins, herbal medicines, and anything you are getting from another healthcare provider.
WE OFFER NON-STERILE COMPOUNDING
Non-sterile medications include the production of solutions, suspensions, ointments, creams, powders, suppositories, capsules, and tablets for Venice, Venice Beach, Nokomis, Osprey FL, and the surrounding areas.